The Partnership that delivers
Title: Accounts Finance Manager
Established in 1972, Skynet has grown to be the world’s largest independently owned express courier network with over 1000 offices in 209 countries and territories. Over the years we have developed the complete range of global distribution services to meet our customers’ distribution needs.
As an Accounts Finance Manager the role is very varied; day to day duties, commercial projects, system reviews and implementations, presenting to the Finance Manager and senior management team.
• Lead, manage and develop the Accounts payable function.
• Approve payments processed by the accounts payable team.
• Monitoring cash flow and initiating pre-run transfers between bank accounts.
• Managing the accounts payable month-end process.
• Review and create new processes and controls.
• Reconcile historic entries and clean Accounts Payable ledger
• Journal entries on Nominal ledger
• Bank/loan and other reconciliation
• Assisting auditors, to ensure financial matters are promptly addressed.
• Analysis of the monthly Profit and Loss accounts.
• Set up and develop the whole accounts for a new branch at Germany and Belgium.
• Lead the Account Team Sales and Purchase ledgers
• Improving and developing the sales ledger account
• Dealing with High/Low Value Delivered Duty Paid in EU due to Brexit regulations
• Sorting finance accounts issue for Skynet Germany and Belgium Branch
• General office duties as and when required
• Re/forecasting/ Cashflow
• Reporting: Month/ Quarter/ Year
• Balance Sheets/ Profit & Loss (P&L)
• Purchase Orders (PO)
• Sales & Purchase Ledgers
• Trade Credit Terms
• Fixed Assets
• Accounts Payable (AP)
• Accounts Receivable (AR)
• Be computer literate
• Have excellent communication skills
• Work well as part of a team, with a high attention to detail
• Advance Excel and Word - Microsoft
• MUST have previous accounts experience with knowledge of Opera 3 or similar accounting package
• Preparing data for manual billing
• Reporting to data to the senior management team
• Meeting deadlines
• Managing a team of 7 staff (including 1 supervisor)
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:30 (may have to work extra hours)
Holidays 20 days
Full comprehensive 5-year work/education history must be provided. Immediate start.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any Skynet/Deltec vacancy information.